
I have had many experiences in my life that I consider to be good "Life Lessons." From each mistake I have made I have "Learned," what not to do in the future. My faith, my parents, and Kyle have taught me so much about life, and how to live it to the fullest. I want to make each day better than my last and make as many people as I can happy along the way. My latest "Life Teacher" has come in the form of my Beagle, Lucy Belle. I have not adopted all of her habits (I.e. chewing on the carpet, stealing people's food, pottying on the floor, etc), but her spirit and her infectous happiness reminds me daily of the type of life I want to lead. Lucy has all the energy in the world. I like to think she is "Very Spirited" although the neighbors may have another verb for her. She is truly happy NO MATTER WHAT. I know that she does not have all of the Human stresses that we have to deal with, but she can make even my worst day better when I walk through the door. The unconditional love she expresses is overwhelming. She truly does not care how much money I make, what I wear, how smart I am, ect., all she cares about is that I love her and that's all she needs to know. She can't get enough of Kyle and I when we are home. You can tell by her face she is cherishing every minute. When we leave she has to stay in her cage but even then she trusts us and knows we will always be back for her. Most Beagles like to bury their bones in the back yard, well since we live in an apartment, Lucy will move the couch cushions with her nose, drop her bone and then put the cushion back. She also does this with blankets and hiding it in cabinets. She has adapted her life to ours and loves without ceasing. The only way she will go to sleep at night is if she is in our bed snuggled between Kyle and I. She knows then she is safe to sleep and everyone she loves is right beside her.
I know it might sound silly to want to be like my beagle so let me explain.
I want to love my family and friends unconditionally, not because of anything they have done for me, but because they first loved me. I want to be the bright spot in their day. The "Welcome Home Wagging Tail," that lets them know that I am proud of them, for just "being them." I want to cherish every moment I spend with my loved ones, never taking one breathe for granted. I want my family to know that although sometimes we have to get in "our cage" and wait for what's next in life, to trust in each other to always be there for encouragement. I want to be able to "bury my bone" and adapt to life no matter where the Lord leads me. And most of all I want to lay my head down at night and know the loves of my life are safe and know that no matter where we are physically, that my heart is "snuggled" with them.










No comments:
Post a Comment