As I sit here at my computer tonight, I can't help but think about my wonderful husband and the life we are building together. If you would have asked me ten years ago if I thought I could be a minister's wife I probably would have told you no. However my Heavenly Father, had just that in my future. He has spent my whole life preparing me for His work with Kyle. I have prayed about and realized that my place beside Kyle, is as important as Kyle's place at the pulpit. We all look to our Ministers for Guidance and support. Well when you are the Minister you don't have anyone to turn to, except your Heavenly Father and your wife. I strive daily to be that support that Kyle needs so he can be the Minister that the church needs. Are there sacrifices I have to make, absolutely. Do I want all my husband's attention and not have to have him leave at a moments notice when a church member is in the hospital, yes sometimes. But it is in those quiet moments that my Savior reminds me that Kyle was His first and foremost, and whatever He needs us to do in His name is what we are required to do. Instead of the fishbowl that most people perceive ministers families to be in, I take my position "under the microscope" as a chance to to try and show God's love and mercy to as many people as I can, never forgetting that it is through Christ that Kyle and I have life at all.
As the old saying goes...
"I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." I don't know about you but that is all I need to know!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment